Wilmington, NC Pain Management Center | Call (910) 726-9097 | Stop the agony. Call us today
MON - THURS 7:30AM - 4:30PM, FRI 7:30AM-12:00PM

PRP (Platelet-Rich Plasma) Injections in Wilmington, NC

Get Treatment for Back, Knee, Hip, or Shoulder Joint Pain Relief. This Treatment Is Non-Surgical & Minimally Invasive. We Have Expert Doctors Waiting to Help You. Book an Appointment Online or Call Us Today (910) 726-9097.

PRP (Platelet-Rich Plasma) Injections in Wilmington, NC

Platelet Rich Plasma (commonly referred to as “PRP”) is a cutting-edge therapy that can be used to help unlock your body’s natural ability to repair itself, and can reduce chronic pain.  If you have tried more traditional methods, but are still suffering from pain, PRP injections may be the answer.  At Center for Pain Management in Wilmington, we are proud to offer this minimally invasive procedure to our patients seeking a life free from back and joint pain.

Platelet Rich Plasma is human blood that has been spun and separated to produce a golden liquid that has a high concentration of platelets.  Platelets make up about 1% of human blood, with the other 99% being comprised of red and white blood cells.  Platelets are best known for their blood clotting functions, but they are also a critical part of injury healing in the human body due to their connective tissue growth and healing factors.  When the body is injured, its response is to send platelets to the injured area in order to initiate tissue repair.  By injecting PRP directly into an injured tendon or joint, we can stimulate the body’s natural reparative process.

PRP injections are a great choice for patients who are looking to reduce their pain without surgery.  PRP is safe, effective, and minimally invasive.  Each patient supplies the blood for their own Platelet Rich Plasma, which means there is no risk of allergic reaction.  The centrifuge process for separating blood cells and platelets takes about a half an hour.  The injections themselves are minimally painful, and those who experience discomfort following the procedure can generally expect the pain to dissipate in a few days’ time.

Most people who undergo PRP therapy can expect to see results in 4-6 weeks, though the exact timeframe will vary, depending on the treatment area, and the extent of the injury.  Most patients experience significant reduction in their pain after 1-2 injections.  While PRP is not usually a first line treatment, it has been shown to improve soft tissue repair for patients who have not had success with more traditional methods.  PRP is typically administered in conjunction with continued physical therapy and rest from aggressive physical activity.  It is important to rest your body as it begins to repair itself.

PRP therapy is most helpful for those suffering from chronic ligament and tendon sprains and strains.  It has also been proven effective in reducing pain and discomfort for those suffering from osteoarthritis.  At Center for Pain Management, our board-certified physicians will develop a treatment plan that is unique to you and your situation.  We know that everyone’s pain is different, and we strive to provide the best possible treatment for each of our patients on an individual basis.

If you or a loved one are suffering from chronic pain, and are looking for a minimally invasive option, please call Center for Pain Management today and make an appointment to speak with one of our highly trained medical professionals.  We are proud to offer Platelet Rich Plasma injections to help our patients reduce chronic pain in their back, shoulders, knees, and hips.  If you are seeking treatment to help you lead a life free from pain, please do not wait.  Call our office in Wilmington, NC today.

get-directions
1602 Physicians Drive, Suite 103.
Wilmington, NC 28401